Any healthy fruit juice contains minerals, vitamins, and nutrients. Some juices even contain natural sugars that keep your stomach full and may avoid over-eating.
You might have read or seen a lot of information about the best juice for gut health to drink. You might be wondering which one you should buy and drink.
Juicing has become the latest trend for health buffs. People who have been juicing for years tout the endless health benefits it brings. Juicing is a great way to get a healthy dose of nutrients in while keeping calories low. On the other hand, juicing is also very high in sugar, so if you don’t drink your vegetables, this is not the right way to go about it.
Top 10 Best juice for gut health: Editor’s Choice
1. Wildwonder Sparkling Probiotic Juice Drink w/ Gut Health Immunity & Digestion Support, w/ 5g Fiber & Live Probiotics, Caffeine Free, Organic, Vegan, Low Sugar & Calorie, 6pk 12oz Can Variety Pack
- PROBIOTIC DRINK FOR GUT & IMMUNE HEALTH: 1 billion CFUs live vegan probiotics and 5g prebiotic plant fiber (food for your probiotics) in every can. Formulated with microbiome experts and made with real fruit and freshly brewed herbs.
- VARIETY PACK: Can’t decide on just one flavor? Our variety pack is a great way to experience all 3 delightful flavors, and all the gut-healing benefits! Enjoy 2 cans each of Guava Rose, Peach Ginger, and Mango Turmeric.
- LOW SUGAR: Only 6g sugar and 35 calories per can. USDA Organic, vegan, non-GMO, and clean. All of the Kombucha benefits without refined sugar or fermented taste
- ALCOHOL SWAP AND MOCKTAIL MIXER: Wildwonder tastes like a light, fruity spritz – enjoy as a cocktail and mocktail mixer, alcohol alternative for the sober curious. Superfoods and botanicals to boost your mood and support digestion.
- SOCIAL IMPACT: Wildwonder is a female & BIPOC-founded company on a mission to create everyday wonders. 5% of profits from every can goes towards causes that empower female and marginalized communities.
Additional Info :
2. Organic Muscle Superfood Greens | USDA Certified Organic Green Juice Powder | Supports Gut Health, Energy & Weight Management | Vegan, Keto, Non-GMO | Lemon Flavor | 30 Servings
- SUPERFOODS FOR VIBRANT ENERGY & HEALTH: 14 of Mother Nature’s most nutrient-dense Greens, Superfoods, Fruits & Veggies in every serving. Avoid the hassle and expense of grocery shopping, juicing and clean up!
- REJUVENATE SKIN & BOOST IMMUNE FUNCTION: Flood cells with essential minerals and micronutrients for a glowing complexion and an enhanced immune system. Formula contains ingredients with anti-aging properties.
- BOOST METABOLISM & DIGESTIVE HEALTH: Probiotics and digestive enzymes promote enhanced nutrient absorption and a thriving digestive system. Formulated to help alleviate food cravings and assist with fat loss.
- ONLY 25 CALORIES PER SERVING: The easy and delicious way to boost energy levels and metabolism. Formula designed to aid cellular detoxification.
- USDA ORGANIC, NON-GMO & MADE IN AMERICA: Ingredients grown on certified organic, eco-friendly, sustainable farms and gently dried to preserve nutrition and bioavailability.
Additional Info :
3. Just Eat It: How to Ditch the Green Smoothies & Juice Fasts, Heal Your Gut and Enjoy Eating Again
Additional Info :
4. Real Fermented & Probiotic Pickle Juice for Gut Health – BRINE BUNDLE (3 PACK) by Olive My Pickle
- A TRULY ALL-NATURAL PICKLE JUICE made with only salt water brine and no vinegar, sugar or food dyes. This product is non gmo, kosher certified, 100% plant based made with simple, whole-food ingredients (see product photos for ingredient listing).
- FERMENTED LIVE CULTURE PICKLE JUICE This fermented pickle juice is a naturally probiotic elixir containing live cultures and enzymes. Full of electrolytes which rehydrates and replenishes vital minerals in the body, this pickle juice is a healthy sports recovery elixir. It can also help with muscle cramping and customers report digestion improvements with daily use.
- LAB VERIFIED TO CONTAIN PROBIOTICS This product is third party lab verified to contain 14 billion CFUs (colony forming units) of lactobacillus per serving. A serving is considered 2 ounces (a shot glass size.) Recommended amount depends on the current state of your gut health: start small and grow your consumption as your body gets used to this live culture elixir.
- GUT HEALING FOODS like fermented pickle brine can improve the gut health of people that suffer from digestive issues like acid reflux, IBS, Crohn’s, SIBO recovery, GERD and Diverticulitis. When introduced as part of a healthful daily diet, in combination with other common sense, healthy lifestyle choices and doctor-led wellness protocols, fermented pickles can aid the body’s natural ability to heal itself.
- A SMALL LOCAL BUSINESS since 2010, Olive My Pickle operates from The Pickle Factory, located in Jacksonville, Florida. A family venture, we’ve been wholeheartedly obsessed with fermentation, probiotic foods and microbiome health for over a decade.
Additional Info :
5. LaPura Organic Celery Powder Detox Cleanse – Fresh Celery Juice Powder to Support Gut Health & Naturally Detox – Cleanse & Detoxify, Antioxidant Just Celery Organic 30 Servings, 4.4 Ounce (Pack of 1)
- 🙆CELERY-BRATE YOUR HEALTH and rejuvenate your body from the inside out. From restoring digestive function, mental clarity to clearer looking skin and more! LaPura’s simply organic celery juice powder supports it all.
- ⏳MUCH EASIER THAN JUICING with all the same benefits. Mix 1 scoop of our organic celery powder in 8oz of water to enjoy. Use with The Dubrow Diet or alone. Proven to promote gut health and better digestion. Helps detox and aids weight loss
- USA GROWN, FARM FRESH stalks just celery powder organic. Organic celery sticks harvested right here in nutrient-rich home soil. Flash frozen from the start. No added sugar or artificial color to organic celery fresh powder. Non-GMO, Vegan Safe, Keto-Friendly and Gluten free
- 🥤SHAKE IT UP! Because our celery powder is flavorless. Add to all your favorite smoothies and healthy juice drinks. Packed with powerful anti-inflammatory nutrients and minerals. Plus Vitamin A, C, K, Folate, Calcium, B12, Iron and more. Perfect for that morning energy boost on the go. Blends easy. No bloating, no clumps
- 💧CELERY REMEDY GUARANTEE. Natural ingredients. Pure celery fresh juice. Pure is in our name but it runs deeper than just celery powder. If you aren’t 100% satisfied with LaPura’s celery juice powder we’ll refund you. Click ADD TO CART to live life on the veg!
Additional Info :
6. Celery Juice Shirt: Organic Juicing / Juicer Health T-Shirt
- The perfect t-shirt for health warriors and those interested in juicing (juice cleanse / fasting / feasting and detox), organic foodies, raw vegans, vegans, veggie lovers and plant-based munchers alike.
- Celery juice has is touted for its amazing benefits to the thyroid, liver, gut and overall health and wellness. A fantastic gift idea for any occasion (birthday, mother’s / father’s day or Christmas) and a great addition to your health wardrobe essentials.
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
Additional Info :
7. POPPI Sparkling Prebiotic Soda w/ Gut Health & Immunity Benefits, Beverages w/ Apple Cider Vinegar, Seltzer Water & Fruit Juice, Low Calorie & Low Sugar Drinks, Fun Favs Variety Pack, 12oz (12 Pack)
- Contains natural prebiotics from unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar — a digestive health powerhouse – to keep your gut happy, your immune system feeling healthy, and your skin glowing. Experience the fun(ctional) side of poppi!
- No fake stuff. Ever. Made with fresh fruit, 5g of sugar or less and 20 calories or less per can. Our ACV is in stealth mode, so all you taste is pure poppi flavor. This is the new school of soda!
- Have a poppi drink anytime or anywhere. Perfect for everyday, on-the-go refreshment — with a meal or as an afternoon pick me up.
- Great alternative to diet soda soft drinks, kombucha, juice, seltzer & flavored water, energy drink, coconut water, tonic water, sports drinks
- Verified SHARK TANK brand. Join the poppi movement!
Additional Info :
8. Sunwink Digestion Lemonade – Organic Superfood Powder for Gut Health & Digestion Support with Amla Powder, Dandelion Root Extract & Chicory Root – Flavored with Lemon & Pineapple Juice (40 Servings)
- Powered By Superfoods: each serving of this super food powder contains 3000mg of functional organic superfood ingredients like dandelion root powder, amla powder, and chicory root powder which contain prebiotic fiber & Vitamin C for gut support and digestive aid.
- Support Digestion: Digestion Lemonade gut health powder is crafted with superfoods and herbs known to support a happy gut with digestion aid from chicory root, amla, dandelion powder, pineapple extract and lemon powder. The organic superfoods found in Sunwink powder are the ideal greens for bloating and a tasty addition to your daily smoothie powder.
- All Natural & Organic: We don’t believe in the “kitchen sink” methodology. We use 5 simple superfood ingredients that compliment each other with an active benefit. Dandelion extract is commonly used as a gentle gut cleanser in many teas; chicory powder contains prebiotic fibers making it a popular digestion supplement; and amla berry powder is rich in Vitamin C. All ingredients are USDA Organic, non-GMO, gluten free, vegan, and plant based.
- No Sweeteners: This superfod powder is all about organic greens — no fillers, no added sugar, or artificial sweeteners like stevia or monk fruit. Sunwink Digestion Lemonade Powder is flavored naturally with real lemon juice powder which promotes hydration and pineapple which is packed with digestive enzymes.
- Easy To Use: Stir one teaspoon of this organic superfood powder into a glass of water or add these delicious super foods into your favorite smoothie mix — feeling really creative? Add a scoop with sparkling water and your favorite non alcoholic botanical for a functional green superfood mocktail! Tastes like old-fashioned lemonade mix, brightened with the vibrant taste of pineapple.
Additional Info :
9. LIVER DETOX FOODS NUTRITION, HERBS & SUPPLEMENTS: Liver Cleanse for Fatty Liver, Leaky Gut, Liver Health, Weight Loss, Hormones, Cancer, Anxiety, Depression … Health, Trauma & Adrenal Fatigue Book 2)
Additional Info :
10. Health-Ade Pop Soda, Prebiotic Soda, Supports Gut Health, Fiber Rich, Seltzer Water with Real Fruit Juice, Low Natural Sugar, No Artificial Sweeteners, Low Calorie, Plant Based, Organic, Vegan, 12 Pack (12 Fl Oz Cans), Sampler Pack
- GOOD FOR YOUR GUT! Health-Ade Pop is full of plant-based prebiotics and fiber, meant to improve and balance your gut health. Prebiotics are naturally found in many fruits and veggies. Pop contains proanthocyanidins (PACs) found in cranberries and plant fiber from agave.
- GENUINELY REAL INGREDIENTS! We pack only real fruit, real flavor, and real natural sugar in every single can. No fake flavors, colors, or sweeteners (that includes Stevia!).
- NATURAL ANTIOXIDANTS! With healthy acids and antioxidants, Pop works to detoxify and clear out the icky stuff while also reducing inflammation.
- NO SUGAR CRASH! With 6g of natural sugar or less in each can, Pop gives you all the flavor without the sugar crash, so that you can sip your way to happiness while also giving your gut what it needs to be its best.
- TRY ‘EM ALL! Our Sampler Pack is perfect for finding your new favorite soda. This pack features 2 cans of: Ginger Fizz, Apple Snap, Pomegranate Berry, Lemon Lime, Juicy Grape, and Strawberry Vanilla.
Additional Info :
Types of juice for gut health, their benefits, and how much to drink
Soluble fiber, a form of fiber that promotes the growth of healthy bacteria and digestive health, is abundant in fresh juice for gut health . It has been demonstrated to control blood sugar levels, reduce cholesterol, and slow food passage through the digestive system. Although some types of oats, almonds, and legumes also contain soluble fiber, drinking fruit and vegetable juice is a delicious and healthy way to achieve your recommended daily intake. Nearly three grams of beneficial soluble fiber are included in both apple and orange juice!
Natural antioxidants found in plant-based diets aid in preventing or reversing the cell damage caused by oxidants. The ideal way to ingest them is through freshly squeezed juices, and the juice for gut health of fruits and vegetables with the highest antioxidant concentrations provide the best defense against damage brought on by unstable chemicals that naturally exist in your body.
Keep in mind that fruits and vegetables with darker colors typically have higher antioxidant contents when choosing the best fruits and vegetables for antioxidant drinks.
Juices that have just been freshly squeezed give your body a lot of water. This water aids in the body’s digestion of vitamins, minerals, and enzymes from the entire food source as well as carbs, which are derived from the juice’s natural sugars.
Maintaining proper hydration helps your body produce energy, keep your metabolism going, and keep your skin healthy and elastic.
No Preservatives, Just Natural Sugar
juice for gut health that has just been freshly squeezed has more vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients than most canned or bottled juice for gut health. Preservatives are frequently used in pre-packaged juices, which reduces their nutritional value.
Natural sugars included in freshly squeezed juice assist your body manufacture energy. Fructose, a naturally occurring sugar in fruit, helps regulate blood sugar levels and keeps you from feeling hungry right after a meal. Added sugars have very little to no nutritional value and are empty calories that might cause weight gain. You can find them in processed juices.
Ward’s offers freshly squeezed juice.
Would you like to sample some freshly squeezed juice? At Ward’s, we offer orange, grapefruit, carrot, and apple juice. We also squeeze fresh juice five times a week. Even sampling is available if you arrive early! Pick yourself a carton of our tasty and healthy freshly squeezed juice in the produce area now!
How to choose juice for gut health and drinks
How to get the fruit juice that’s right for you among the confusing aisles of options.
Fruit juice, as we all know it to be, is the liquid extracted from the fruit. Simple. But it’s not quite so simple when we get it at the grocery store.
Fruit drink versus fruit juice?
Fruit juice is prohibited from being diluted with water and is only permitted to include 4% added sugar, under the Food Standards Code. Reconstituted juice is obtained by adding water to a concentrate (in the same amount as was removed). Salt, herbs, spices, flavors, colors, vitamins, and processing aids can also be added to fruit juice.
There is no restriction on the amount of added sugars, and fruit drinks just need to contain 5% fruit juice or pulp (for passionfruit, this percentage can be as low as 3.5%).
Isn’t pure juice usually preferable?
We can get “Liquid kiwifruit,” which is “strong in vitamin C,” from the Nekta brand. You may assume that this indicates the juice is 100 percent fruit, however as Kiwifruit is a pulpy, sour fruit, Nekta explains on their website. In order to make the pulp more drinkable, they first utilize the entire kiwifruit (without the peel and seeds), liquefy it, and then add sugar to sweeten it. It has a fruit content of 20% in the end.
A 100 percent cranberry juice for gut health won’t be available either; we’re informed that’s because it would be unpleasant to drink. In their “Real cranberry drink,” McCoy contains 18% cranberry juice, and Ocean Spray’s “Cranberry classic” contains 30% cranberry juice. Since many people find pure grapefruit juice to be overly harsh, McCoy and Ocean Spray both dilute the “Ruby red grapefruit” (both 30 percent fruit juice).
By boiling juice to eliminate the water, juice can be concentrated. Transport is more affordable as a result. Nutrients, particularly water-soluble vitamins like vitamin C, will be lost to some extent. To make up for those lost, flavors and vitamin C might be added. Juice prepared from concentrate should be more affordable than juice made from freshly squeezed fruit because it is of greater quality.
Most fruit juices are pasteurized. This fast, high-heat procedure eliminates any unwanted microorganisms and aids in stabilizing the juice shelf. Depending on the packaging, they may have a shelf life of 9 to 12 months. All of the juice for gut health and beverages on our table are shelf-stable, although juices are also available in the refrigerator. These juices must be kept chilled even before opening because of their limited shelf life.
The majority of the sugars listed for the liquids will be natural since fruit and vegetables naturally contain sugar. The ingredients will list sugar if the amount of sugar added is up to 4% (4g per 100g).
Fruit drinks typically have added sugar, however, the amount varies greatly. The exception to this rule is Just Juice Splash, which contains only juice and mineral water in a 50/50 ratio.
You can see in our table that the energy (kilojoule) content of a cup of juice or fruit drink we purchased ranges from 100-765kJ. Fruit beverages generally provide a lot of energy (400–500kJ per cup), as do many fruit juices. At 765kJ per cup, the Sunsweet 100% prune juice is surprisingly high in energy.
While there is some added sugar, the major sweeteners in Ribena Light are low-energy sucralose and Ace-K, so each cup only has 100 kJ. (see The truth about artificial sweeteners for more information). This is in comparison to 650kJ for regular Ribena; the difference is in the sweeteners since regular Ribena contains 6.4 percent fruit juice as opposed to 5 percent in Ribena Light.
Both naturally occurring and artificially fortified vitamin C can be found in large quantities in many juices and fruit drinks. The recommended daily intake of vitamin C for women is between 190 and 220 milligrams (for men). The amount of vitamin C in a cup of the products we bought varied from 37 mg in Ocean Spray’s “Cranberry classic” to 117 mg in Charlie’s “Pressed apple and blackcurrant juice.”
A fruit drink with extra vitamins—in this case, vitamins A, C, and E—is Thexton’s “Red grapefruit drink.” However, a beverage like this one, which only has 5% juice, is not the best source of vitamins. The best way to obtain vitamins is through food, and a balanced diet should provide all of your requirements.
Healthy juice for gut health
The worst thing you can do is ‘bathe’ your teeth in juice for gut health and fruit drinks because they are high in sugar; this can damage teeth in the same way that repeatedly chewing on sweets would. Juice should always be consumed from a glass, for the same reason, by both adults and children. Juice is best drank with meals because it helps the body absorb iron from the food and protects teeth by washing away fruit sugar and acids with saliva produced during eating.
5+ a day
On the package of V8 vegetable juice, it is stated that one glass of juice is “equal to 3 servings of vegetables.” But be aware that juice for gut health lacks the fiber that fruit and vegetables offer and that while having more calories than fruit and vegetables, it doesn’t fill you up as they do.
You can count one glass of fruit juice as one of your recommended five to ten servings of fruits and vegetables each day, but no more. (Also, confirm that it’s juice and not a fruit drink!) Having said that, why not continue consuming a lot of (low-kilojoule, high-fiber) fruit and veg as well if you prefer juice for gut health?
There are three liquids that actually contribute to your daily fiber intake, though much less than eating the quantity of whole fruit and vegetables that go into them: Tomato juice provides 1.8g, V8 vegetable juice 1.3g, and prune juice 2.5g per cup.