Any healthy fruit juice contains minerals, vitamins, and nutrients. Some juices even contain natural sugars that keep your stomach full and may avoid over-eating.
You might have read or seen a lot of information about the best juice to add to smoothies to drink. You might be wondering which one you should buy and drink.
Juicing has become the latest trend for health buffs. People who have been juicing for years tout the endless health benefits it brings. Juicing is a great way to get a healthy dose of nutrients in while keeping calories low. On the other hand, juicing is also very high in sugar, so if you don’t drink your vegetables, this is not the right way to go about it.
Top 10 Best juice to add to smoothies: Editor’s Choice
1. BetterBody Foods Superfood Organic Blend Powder, 6g of Vegan Protein per Serving, Add to Morning Smoothies Fruit Shakes or Juices, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, 1.58 lb
- GOOD FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY: BetterBody Foods Superfood Organic Superfood Blend is an all-natural vegan blend combining antioxidants (Vitamin C and Vitamin E), fiber & proteins for everyone. Superfood Blend is Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO & Gluten-Free.
- GO AHEAD AND CHECK THE LABEL: Our Superfood Organic Superfood Blend doesn’t contain sugar artificial colors flavors or sweeteners. It a has a neutral flavor so you can add it to anything: smoothies or juice, even pasta or baked goods like cookies!
- SUPER BOOST FROM SUPERFOODS: BetterBody Foods Superfood Organic Superfood Blend helps build/maintain muscles increase energy improve cognitive function and encourage digestive and cardiovascular health, with no sugar, artificial colors or flavors, or sweeteners.
Additional Info :
2. Naturevibe Botanicals Pomegranate Juice Powder, 8 ounce | Add to Smoothies and Beverages
- Pomegranate Juice Powder 8oz
- Take it daily with or between meals by adding it to a shake or smoothie, and see what the most nutrient dense food on the planet is all about.
- Add it to yogurts, oatmeals, salad dressings, meats, guacamole, gravy and more! Or simply add to water for a glass of Pomegranate juice or tea!
- Naturevibe Botanicals Pomegranate Juice Powder is made of 100% pure Pomegranate
- If you are not satisfied by the product you received, feel free to contact us as soon as possible. We guarantee to offer you help.
Additional Info :
3. The 14-Day New Keto Cleanse: Lose Up to 15 Pounds in 2 Weeks with Delicious Meals and Low-Sugar Smoothies
Additional Info :
4. 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse: Lose Up to 15 Pounds in 10 Days!
Additional Info :
5. Zulay Metal 2-In-1 Lemon Lime Squeezer – Hand Juicer Lemon Squeezer – Max Extraction Manual Citrus Juicer
- Get Every Drop From Your Fruit: Our citrus press is proven to get more juice than dozens of other brands, you also will have no seeds in your juice. Works perfectly on lemons, Key limes, limequats, Mexican limes, Eureka or Lisbon lemons, Rangpur or Tahiti limes, from Florida, California or Abroad our citrus juicer tool can squeeze them all with maximum result.
- Save Time and Effort: With our easy-to-use and easy-to-store durable lemon squeezer, even a kid can use this citrus press. No more worrying about electricity or batteries. No more bulky, hard-to-clean juicers crowding the decor of your home bar or kitchen. Whether you’re a chef or simply want a pampered squeeze, you can be drinking lemonade in a just seconds.
- Sturdy Heavy Duty Metal Bowls: This 2-in-1 lemon press/lime press can juice limes, large lemons and even small sized oranges. This manual juicer is made with sturdy industrial aluminum and protected coating, it is secure and reliable.
- Cleans in Seconds & Dishwasher Friendly: you can easily take out your citrus press for that extra touch in your food or cocktail and simply put it in the dishwasher on the upper shelf like a mug or guacamole bowl. Or, if you don’t use an automatic dishwasher, cleaning it by hand is a breeze.
- Engineered To Be Easy On The Hands: Watch limes, lemons and even oranges beg for mercy even with a soft squeeze of the hand. If you are used to hand-squeezing citrus, you will be truly amazed at how easy it is to use this professional lemon squeezer. Consider getting two – one for you and one for your best friend, you may just enjoy when they serve you a nice margarita or martini replete with a plastic cocktail pick.
Additional Info :
|Color||Classic Yellow and Green|
6. Zero Belly Smoothies: Lose up to 16 Pounds in 14 Days and Sip Your Way to A Lean & Healthy You!
- Lose up to 16 pounds in 14 days.
- Melt away stubborn fat, from your belly first.
- Put an end to bloating and discomfort.
- Detox from unhealthy foods so you enjoy all-day energy.
- Turn off your fat storage genes and make long-term weight loss effortless.
Additional Info :
7. Komax Juice Bottles 18.5-oz | Set-of-6 Reusable Juice & Smoothie Bottles | Premium BPA-Free Plastic, Shatterproof, Leakproof, Freezer & Dishwasher Safe | Wide Mouth Juice & Smoothie Containers
- 🍹 PREMIUM JUICE BOTTLES – Komax set of 6 juice bottles are the perfect bundle of bottles for juicers. Dimensions: 2.5 (diameter) x 8.2 (height) inches. The bottles have a wide mouth opening of 2.1 inches. Perfect for filling with ice and for easy cleaning.
- 🍹 BETTER THAN GLASS – Komax plastic juice bottles are made of Tritan; a food grade BPA-free plastic. Tritan has the clearness of glass and is lightweight as a feather.
- 🍹 DISHWASHER & FREEZER SAFE -These bottles are super easy to clean. They are dishwasher safe, and also safe for juice freezer storage.
- 🍹 LEAK-PROOF LIDS – Komax bottles are entirely airtight and leak-proof. In addition to the outer lid, each bottle comes with an inner cap to make drinking with a straw spill-proof and enjoyable. This inner cap is easy to add or remove (not screw on)
- 🍹 TRUSTED BRAND – After 50 years of artistry, Komax products have brought sweet joy to the hearts of millions of customers. Originality, ingenious design, and food safety established Komax as a leading pioneer. Try Komax juicing bottles, and experience genuine quality.
Additional Info :
8. Greens Powder Smoothie Mix | Purely Inspired Organic Greens Powder Superfood | Super Greens Powder Organic | Fruit + Veggie Superfood Powder | Green Smoothie Powder, 24 Servings (Package May Vary)
- FROM AMERICA’s 1 FASTEST GROWING SUPPLEMENT BRAND – Purely Inspired Organic Greens Powder smoothie mix delivers 39 superfoods, 18 vitamins & minerals and active probiotics with just 1 scoop. 40 Calories per serving
- CLEAN INGREDIENTS – Certified USDA Organic Greens Powder, Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Vegan Friendly. No artificial sweeteners, colors or flavors in this green smoothie powder
- EASY TO USE – Mix in a glass or shaker bottle with water, juice, smoothies (with Purely Inspired Organic Protein), almond milk, oat milk or your non-dairy drink of choice. Organic Greens plus superfoods powder can also be added to soups and sauces
- CONVENIENT – It’s a simple way to add superfoods, greens, grains, sprouts, fruits and veggies to your day with just one serving. Healthy superfood powder on the go for women and men in an easy-to-consume greens powder smoothie mix
- ANTIOXIDANTS – Contains antioxidant vitamins C and E
- ORGANIC INGREDIENTS – Banana, Tomato, Beet, Sweet Potato, Strawberry, Broccoli, Spinach, Carrot, Cherry, Apple, Pineapple, Whole Grains, Radish Sprout, Alfalfa, Chia, Pumpkin, Sunflower, Lentil, Garbanzo, Flaxseed, Quinoa, Wheatgrass and many more
Additional Info :
9. Juicing for Beginners: The Essential Guide to Juicing Recipes and Juicing for Weight Loss
- Juicing for Beginners The Essential Guide to Juicing Recipes and Juicing for Weight Loss
Additional Info :
10. Cuisinart SBC-1000FR Blend and Cook Soup Maker, (Renewed)
- Versatile machine makes hot soup, whips up smoothies, crushes ice and does much more
- For soups, simply add pre-cut ingredients and the machine sautes, blends and keeps the soup warm until serving
- Razor-sharp blades quickly chop or mince foods; push-button digital controls make it easy to set cooking time and temperature
- Three temperature settings- bringing soup from a gentle simmer to a boil; thermal shock-resistant glass container with plastic base
- Four speeds; plus stir and pulse functions; blend ingredients to desired consistency
Additional Info :
Types of juice to add to smoothies, their benefits, and how much to drink
Soluble fiber, a form of fiber that promotes the growth of healthy bacteria and digestive health, is abundant in fresh juice to add to smoothies . It has been demonstrated to control blood sugar levels, reduce cholesterol, and slow food passage through the digestive system. Although some types of oats, almonds, and legumes also contain soluble fiber, drinking fruit and vegetable juice is a delicious and healthy way to achieve your recommended daily intake. Nearly three grams of beneficial soluble fiber are included in both apple and orange juice!
Natural antioxidants found in plant-based diets aid in preventing or reversing the cell damage caused by oxidants. The ideal way to ingest them is through freshly squeezed juices, and the juice to add to smoothies of fruits and vegetables with the highest antioxidant concentrations provide the best defense against damage brought on by unstable chemicals that naturally exist in your body.
Keep in mind that fruits and vegetables with darker colors typically have higher antioxidant contents when choosing the best fruits and vegetables for antioxidant drinks.
Juices that have just been freshly squeezed give your body a lot of water. This water aids in the body’s digestion of vitamins, minerals, and enzymes from the entire food source as well as carbs, which are derived from the juice’s natural sugars.
Maintaining proper hydration helps your body produce energy, keep your metabolism going, and keep your skin healthy and elastic.
No Preservatives, Just Natural Sugar
juice to add to smoothies that has just been freshly squeezed has more vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients than most canned or bottled juice to add to smoothies. Preservatives are frequently used in pre-packaged juices, which reduces their nutritional value.
Natural sugars included in freshly squeezed juice assist your body manufacture energy. Fructose, a naturally occurring sugar in fruit, helps regulate blood sugar levels and keeps you from feeling hungry right after a meal. Added sugars have very little to no nutritional value and are empty calories that might cause weight gain. You can find them in processed juices.
Ward’s offers freshly squeezed juice.
Would you like to sample some freshly squeezed juice? At Ward’s, we offer orange, grapefruit, carrot, and apple juice. We also squeeze fresh juice five times a week. Even sampling is available if you arrive early! Pick yourself a carton of our tasty and healthy freshly squeezed juice in the produce area now!
How to choose juice to add to smoothies and drinks
How to get the fruit juice that’s right for you among the confusing aisles of options.
Fruit juice, as we all know it to be, is the liquid extracted from the fruit. Simple. But it’s not quite so simple when we get it at the grocery store.
Fruit drink versus fruit juice?
Fruit juice is prohibited from being diluted with water and is only permitted to include 4% added sugar, under the Food Standards Code. Reconstituted juice is obtained by adding water to a concentrate (in the same amount as was removed). Salt, herbs, spices, flavors, colors, vitamins, and processing aids can also be added to fruit juice.
There is no restriction on the amount of added sugars, and fruit drinks just need to contain 5% fruit juice or pulp (for passionfruit, this percentage can be as low as 3.5%).
Isn’t pure juice usually preferable?
We can get “Liquid kiwifruit,” which is “strong in vitamin C,” from the Nekta brand. You may assume that this indicates the juice is 100 percent fruit, however as Kiwifruit is a pulpy, sour fruit, Nekta explains on their website. In order to make the pulp more drinkable, they first utilize the entire kiwifruit (without the peel and seeds), liquefy it, and then add sugar to sweeten it. It has a fruit content of 20% in the end.
A 100 percent cranberry juice to add to smoothies won’t be available either; we’re informed that’s because it would be unpleasant to drink. In their “Real cranberry drink,” McCoy contains 18% cranberry juice, and Ocean Spray’s “Cranberry classic” contains 30% cranberry juice. Since many people find pure grapefruit juice to be overly harsh, McCoy and Ocean Spray both dilute the “Ruby red grapefruit” (both 30 percent fruit juice).
By boiling juice to eliminate the water, juice can be concentrated. Transport is more affordable as a result. Nutrients, particularly water-soluble vitamins like vitamin C, will be lost to some extent. To make up for those lost, flavors and vitamin C might be added. Juice prepared from concentrate should be more affordable than juice made from freshly squeezed fruit because it is of greater quality.
Most fruit juices are pasteurized. This fast, high-heat procedure eliminates any unwanted microorganisms and aids in stabilizing the juice shelf. Depending on the packaging, they may have a shelf life of 9 to 12 months. All of the juice to add to smoothies and beverages on our table are shelf-stable, although juices are also available in the refrigerator. These juices must be kept chilled even before opening because of their limited shelf life.
The majority of the sugars listed for the liquids will be natural since fruit and vegetables naturally contain sugar. The ingredients will list sugar if the amount of sugar added is up to 4% (4g per 100g).
Fruit drinks typically have added sugar, however, the amount varies greatly. The exception to this rule is Just Juice Splash, which contains only juice and mineral water in a 50/50 ratio.
You can see in our table that the energy (kilojoule) content of a cup of juice or fruit drink we purchased ranges from 100-765kJ. Fruit beverages generally provide a lot of energy (400–500kJ per cup), as do many fruit juices. At 765kJ per cup, the Sunsweet 100% prune juice is surprisingly high in energy.
While there is some added sugar, the major sweeteners in Ribena Light are low-energy sucralose and Ace-K, so each cup only has 100 kJ. (see The truth about artificial sweeteners for more information). This is in comparison to 650kJ for regular Ribena; the difference is in the sweeteners since regular Ribena contains 6.4 percent fruit juice as opposed to 5 percent in Ribena Light.
Both naturally occurring and artificially fortified vitamin C can be found in large quantities in many juices and fruit drinks. The recommended daily intake of vitamin C for women is between 190 and 220 milligrams (for men). The amount of vitamin C in a cup of the products we bought varied from 37 mg in Ocean Spray’s “Cranberry classic” to 117 mg in Charlie’s “Pressed apple and blackcurrant juice.”
A fruit drink with extra vitamins—in this case, vitamins A, C, and E—is Thexton’s “Red grapefruit drink.” However, a beverage like this one, which only has 5% juice, is not the best source of vitamins. The best way to obtain vitamins is through food, and a balanced diet should provide all of your requirements.
Healthy juice to add to smoothies
The worst thing you can do is ‘bathe’ your teeth in juice to add to smoothies and fruit drinks because they are high in sugar; this can damage teeth in the same way that repeatedly chewing on sweets would. Juice should always be consumed from a glass, for the same reason, by both adults and children. Juice is best drank with meals because it helps the body absorb iron from the food and protects teeth by washing away fruit sugar and acids with saliva produced during eating.
5+ a day
On the package of V8 vegetable juice, it is stated that one glass of juice is “equal to 3 servings of vegetables.” But be aware that juice to add to smoothies lacks the fiber that fruit and vegetables offer and that while having more calories than fruit and vegetables, it doesn’t fill you up as they do.
You can count one glass of fruit juice as one of your recommended five to ten servings of fruits and vegetables each day, but no more. (Also, confirm that it’s juice and not a fruit drink!) Having said that, why not continue consuming a lot of (low-kilojoule, high-fiber) fruit and veg as well if you prefer juice to add to smoothies?
There are three liquids that actually contribute to your daily fiber intake, though much less than eating the quantity of whole fruit and vegetables that go into them: Tomato juice provides 1.8g, V8 vegetable juice 1.3g, and prune juice 2.5g per cup.